Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dravpnir builds something Super

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 0 (0 members and 0 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dravpnir builds something Super

Time to get back in the super class after selling my old super a few years ago.

It might not be the conventional super that one is used to seeing, or perhaps a good performing rig.... but it is a project I always have been wanting to do, and now its time to do it.

Axles:
    The axles will be my own design and will have a set of Dluxfab SAF low ration berg gears at each wheel, so in theory I will be able to control each wheel separately. The steering will however be a conventional one, so just 1 servo at the front and rear axle. Most of the parts will be printed for the axles, but I will use a 15mm aluminum OD tube as a core to increase the strength and stiffness.

Chassis:
    The Super SuDu chassis looked a bit aged, so I modernized it with heavy influences from the SuDu Mod 3D.

Wheels and tires:
    The wheels will be 5". I though my old 6" Dluxfab wheels were a tad too large, so when I needed to make some new wheels anyway I made them slightly smaller. The tires will be some cut ´n´ shut Proline Ibex tires. For the foam, I will need to figure something out. There is a local foam supplier that I plan to visit and see if they have something similar to the Crawler Innovations soft and medium foams.

Electronics:
    The power will be provided by Holmes Hobbies, using their 1000kv Snubnose Revolver outrunnner motor and their new Crawlmaster mini V2 esc. The servos also comes from Holmes Hobbies and are their SHV800 servos. All will be powered by 850mAh 4s lips from Hobbyking. As this project needs 6 channels the old trusty Sanwa MT4 is to no use. Instead I will use the FrSky X-Lite Pro and a small FrSky 6-channel reciever.

The plan is to have it ready for action to EuroCrawl 2022 in August

All the CF parts has been ordered and Shapeways is working on printing all the printed parts. Very eager to get all parts so I can start building!

Teaser shot from the CAD software.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	super4.png
Views:	487
Size:	253.7 KB
ID:	943

What I've seen so far in real life (front axle, wheels with motors and fittings)... Absolutely AWESOME!!

Comment

Working...
    X