Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 0 (0 members and 0 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IdahoRocks
    replied
    Howdy. Long time crawler, but haven't comped yet.
    2.2m Berg/tuber/Cobalt and 2.2s AR60(?)/unknown/HH that've both seen lots of comp time, but before I owned them. Plus some trail rigs, 4ws 2.2 Capra, Bomber, VS410 Pro, SCX 10.3, 2 SCX 10.2s.
    Forgive me if I'm putting this question in the wrong spot as I'm new here. I'd heard rumor that there was going to be a large (national?) comp in the western US coming up soon but the only event I'm seeing anywhere for 2021 on this site is the Eurocrawl. Is everything just on hold while we're still wearing masks, or am I just looking in the wrong place? I'm not referring to the upcoming scale nats, though I'll likely attend that to escape the local snow and put some rubber on rocks.

Leave a comment:

• JayeMTee
    replied
    Hi guys!

I started crawling in 2017 with an Axial Wraith Spawn Kit in the Swedish Crawler Cup (SCC, which does not play by WRCCA rules, as a side note).
    I'm new to WRCCA but I've never comp'ed according to its ruleset.
    I have a Sporty, a Pro, a Performance Scale and a Mini (of which two are WIP).

Motto 1: "You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!"
    Motto 2: "Be good, and if you can't be good, be good at it!"
    Last edited by JayeMTee; 02-03-2022, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snatch
    replied
    Hello,
    i´m Chris (Snatch) from Germany/Bavaria and some comp-crawlers already know me. I drive Pro,Super and Shafty since some years now and i´m happy to see a good crawler-forum again! Hope to see some good build-threads here and ideas from people all over the world. Our forum in Germany (www.rockcrawler.de) is still very alive and is for sure one reason why our scene here is growing a lot in the last years! See you on the rocks

Leave a comment:

• stimpy
    replied
    Hey up folks!

I'm NOT from Portugal, hope that is OK??? Hehe

Been around for years but in the shadows and heard of quite a few of you all. Love comp crawling but never many to drive with here in the UK but a bit more activity happening now :-). Got a good buddy who did comp a lot and really learning lots at the mo!

Our plan was to make it to the Euros this year - but what a weird one! Hopefully make next year all being well!..

Leave a comment:

• Zarizi Tech
    replied
    I'm present also! Crawling since 2005 and been in few comps also. Great to be back on the forums!

Leave a comment:

• Morfes
    replied
    Originally posted by SkUpYt View Post

Nice to see you here.
    If I can help, let me know!
    Have fun

Thanks dario, maybe I’ll really have to upset you, I noticed from your interview videos with the crawlers, that you already had or have a losi too I will try to see with Jorge if he helps me to assemble that, because I don't understand anything, Jorge is my mechanic, but maybe I will have to upset you,

Leave a comment:

• SkUpYt
    replied
    Originally posted by Morfes View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Tiago aka MORFES, from PORTUGAL. I'm 38 years old, and I have two crawlers, one for me and one for my wife, and have 3 Scx10. I have to a Losi Night Crawler to try make one sfafty, but I will need some help from my friernds
    Nice to see you here.
    If I can help, let me know!
    Have fun

Leave a comment:

• Morfes
    replied
    Hello,
    My name is Tiago aka MORFES, from PORTUGAL. I'm 38 years old, and I have two crawlers, one for me and one for my wife, and have 3 Scx10. I have to a Losi Night Crawler to try make one sfafty, but I will need some help from my friernds

Leave a comment:

• Xkill
    replied
    Welcome!

Damn, this is turning in some Portuguese Mafia over here....

Porta-te

Leave a comment:

• SkUpYt
    replied
    Hello drivers,
    I'm DÁRIO aka SkUpYt from Portugal, i'm 35 years and I'm in rc rock crawler since 2008.
    Rc rock crawler is my favourite rc discipline.
    i'm not so much present in foruns, but will try my best to help this keeping alive.

since E.C. in Austria I have the 4 Rc rock crawler classes.

Leave a comment:

• Robbob
    replied
    Originally posted by MAXXDESIGNS13 View Post
    Hello forums!!! I COME FROM MY OWN FUTURE TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD! Forums were my favorite thing as a kid! I've always been the one around me who knew the most about performance on rc cars since I was researching them online with my emaxx I've had since 2005 or so, (I got a painted body my mom signed when we painted it in 2005! The dope el camino hpi one!) And I'd spend hours researching on forums for cool stuff and cars and then I got out of the hobby when I got my license and got back into it as an adult about 5 years ago now I think, and moved to Newfoundland Canada 3ish years ago (where I was originally from but grew up in Colorado since I was 1!!!) And finally met some awesome people in our local group RcRepublic!

Over the three years I've been here it's been a crazy journey to refind myself and what I wanted to do and the biggest of them all is just BUILD SICK RIGS(we call all rcs and real cars rigs here lol not sure if everywhere else does and I like explaining things hahah) I have slowly tried to push everyone around me to build more capable cars and this year I started running a local comp scene that is kind of a mix of sorrca and performance scale (we drive 10 gate comp cheater rigs but still with scale points just no run time limit either) and next summer I plan to push us towards shafties and moa! I have a lot of plans because I can(and have) designed some awesome rc parts for my scale comp rigs and I plan to set my sights on a lot of cool ideas I have for printed shafty and moa parts! We still don't have many who show up all the time to the comps but we have 4-6 pretty dedicated comp guys and there are already like 6 gspeed chassis here and two v1ws and a lot of awesome trail trucks!!! I'm going to start planning my first shafty soon and can't wait!! Shafties and moa rigs have always been my dream rigs, just pure performance but I have been very impressed by my V1w capra and I plan to post some videos of it and our other local comp stuff once I get it ready!

I've always thought that one of the biggest problems in rc is just exposure and access to knowledge so I'm very very excited to start getting some of it back off Facebook and back onto awesome forums for all to see! Like man I still get so much of my info from old RCC posts and it's still hard to Google for it unless you know how! I have a lot of plans but I think this is enough for now, so lookout world forums are back! At least for me they are hahahha I plan to spread the word somehow and hopefully get this and RCC back as some of the main collections of RC Information!!!

Thank you so much for starting this forum and I plan to do my part to spread the word!! Once I figure out how lol

Anyway that's enough for now, just know there are big things coming and I want this forum to be a part of it all!

Actually one more I guess lol! Just wanted to say I'm real big on doing things safe with proper information and helping others do what they want safely! So yeah my house burned down(2 years ago or so) from a lipo fire (I had tried to be as safe as I knew how at the time!) And now I charge outside in a safe metal box away from my house! It's still hard to talk about but this is who I am and I want to use my story to help others be safe once I feel ready for it! So thanks again for making an awesome forum for us to talk about our sick rigs and I can't wait to see where this place goes in a year or two! I'd definitely like some help to figure out what shafty and moa stuff I could pick to help my friends build great rigs with the best parts for the best price!!! So yeah I'll be watching and probably posting a decent bit to help myself and my friends learn about THE FUTURE OF RC, MY FUTURE OF RC AND BUILDING SOME OF THE COOLEST RIGS(to me and hopefully the world!!)

Just know there are very very cool things happening in Newfoundland and eventually some of you cool people will hopefully come here too because I think we might have some of the best rocks on the planet(oh and no one has been able to outcrawl me consistently at the comps I run(or really ever for that matter lol, never been to a real comp just did it all alone till I found the group here and started the competitions to push performance!)) and even the local people don't understand just how awesome and unique the rocks we have here are!! I got a lot of plans for the future of RC and Newfoundland but we aren't ready for the world's eyes yet but just know I love cool parts (the best parts) and I now work at a new local hobby shop that I plan to make into the best one in Canada!!! Thanks for letting me blabber out my thoughts and can't wait to see where this forum is headed! I know it's headed for greatness and that's all I know just because I want it to be great lol anyway bye for now!!
    Welcome Aboard - Cant wait to see some rigs.

Leave a comment:

• Robbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    Hey guys...

Many of you already know me! But for those who dont know, i'm Bruno Gomes, known as "Gomez", from Portugal...
    I've been running Rc Crawlers since the time of axial scorpion, etc... And i never left this hobby again, it is true that sometimes i barely touch the remote for a full year, but im still where and i am the portuguese champion in the european comps (just to annoy my friends) ahahah

At present i have 3 - 2.2Mod Class, 3 - 2.2S Shafty, 1 - 1.9 Mini Class...

I really hope that this hobby can grow again, over the years it has been more and more forgotten, but I believe that we managed to make a difference ... And there is no other RC hobby like this one!

What else can I say more ... Besides being the Portuguese champion and having a whole team of mechanics working for me ... That's it ...

See you on the rocks!

Cheers!
    I remember you from other crawling sites - Great seeing you back!

Leave a comment:

• MAXXDESIGNS13
    replied
    Hello forums!!! I COME FROM MY OWN FUTURE TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD! Forums were my favorite thing as a kid! I've always been the one around me who knew the most about performance on rc cars since I was researching them online with my emaxx I've had since 2005 or so, (I got a painted body my mom signed when we painted it in 2005! The dope el camino hpi one!) And I'd spend hours researching on forums for cool stuff and cars and then I got out of the hobby when I got my license and got back into it as an adult about 5 years ago now I think, and moved to Newfoundland Canada 3ish years ago (where I was originally from but grew up in Colorado since I was 1!!!) And finally met some awesome people in our local group RcRepublic!

Over the three years I've been here it's been a crazy journey to refind myself and what I wanted to do and the biggest of them all is just BUILD SICK RIGS(we call all rcs and real cars rigs here lol not sure if everywhere else does and I like explaining things hahah) I have slowly tried to push everyone around me to build more capable cars and this year I started running a local comp scene that is kind of a mix of sorrca and performance scale (we drive 10 gate comp cheater rigs but still with scale points just no run time limit either) and next summer I plan to push us towards shafties and moa! I have a lot of plans because I can(and have) designed some awesome rc parts for my scale comp rigs and I plan to set my sights on a lot of cool ideas I have for printed shafty and moa parts! We still don't have many who show up all the time to the comps but we have 4-6 pretty dedicated comp guys and there are already like 6 gspeed chassis here and two v1ws and a lot of awesome trail trucks!!! I'm going to start planning my first shafty soon and can't wait!! Shafties and moa rigs have always been my dream rigs, just pure performance but I have been very impressed by my V1w capra and I plan to post some videos of it and our other local comp stuff once I get it ready!

I've always thought that one of the biggest problems in rc is just exposure and access to knowledge so I'm very very excited to start getting some of it back off Facebook and back onto awesome forums for all to see! Like man I still get so much of my info from old RCC posts and it's still hard to Google for it unless you know how! I have a lot of plans but I think this is enough for now, so lookout world forums are back! At least for me they are hahahha I plan to spread the word somehow and hopefully get this and RCC back as some of the main collections of RC Information!!!

Thank you so much for starting this forum and I plan to do my part to spread the word!! Once I figure out how lol

Anyway that's enough for now, just know there are big things coming and I want this forum to be a part of it all!

Actually one more I guess lol! Just wanted to say I'm real big on doing things safe with proper information and helping others do what they want safely! So yeah my house burned down(2 years ago or so) from a lipo fire (I had tried to be as safe as I knew how at the time!) And now I charge outside in a safe metal box away from my house! It's still hard to talk about but this is who I am and I want to use my story to help others be safe once I feel ready for it! So thanks again for making an awesome forum for us to talk about our sick rigs and I can't wait to see where this place goes in a year or two! I'd definitely like some help to figure out what shafty and moa stuff I could pick to help my friends build great rigs with the best parts for the best price!!! So yeah I'll be watching and probably posting a decent bit to help myself and my friends learn about THE FUTURE OF RC, MY FUTURE OF RC AND BUILDING SOME OF THE COOLEST RIGS(to me and hopefully the world!!)

Just know there are very very cool things happening in Newfoundland and eventually some of you cool people will hopefully come here too because I think we might have some of the best rocks on the planet(oh and no one has been able to outcrawl me consistently at the comps I run(or really ever for that matter lol, never been to a real comp just did it all alone till I found the group here and started the competitions to push performance!)) and even the local people don't understand just how awesome and unique the rocks we have here are!! I got a lot of plans for the future of RC and Newfoundland but we aren't ready for the world's eyes yet but just know I love cool parts (the best parts) and I now work at a new local hobby shop that I plan to make into the best one in Canada!!! Thanks for letting me blabber out my thoughts and can't wait to see where this forum is headed! I know it's headed for greatness and that's all I know just because I want it to be great lol anyway bye for now!!

Leave a comment:

• Xkill
    replied
    The Portuguese undisputed champion!

So many cars and so little run time!
    But it's better now, you even practice and everything!

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Hey guys...

Many of you already know me! But for those who dont know, i'm Bruno Gomes, known as "Gomez", from Portugal...
    I've been running Rc Crawlers since the time of axial scorpion, etc... And i never left this hobby again, it is true that sometimes i barely touch the remote for a full year, but im still where and i am the portuguese champion in the european comps (just to annoy my friends) ahahah

At present i have 3 - 2.2Mod Class, 3 - 2.2S Shafty, 1 - 1.9 Mini Class...

I really hope that this hobby can grow again, over the years it has been more and more forgotten, but I believe that we managed to make a difference ... And there is no other RC hobby like this one!

What else can I say more ... Besides being the Portuguese champion and having a whole team of mechanics working for me ... That's it ...

See you on the rocks!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gomez; 09-26-2020, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X