Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bully 2 geared custom build - Another snowball build

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 0 (0 members and 0 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bully 2 geared custom build - Another snowball build

Gomez handed me a brand new bully2 kit and told me to build something different with it. Challenge Accepted!!!
    This was more than a year ago, probably close to 2 years.

My plan was to make my own conversion for Bully 1 knuckles and some 8mm stub universals.
    I would also replace the chassis and use my own design.

The more we talked the more I could see that there was no way he would settle of this "small" modifications.
    Different, Extreme and one of a kind seam to be the direction this build would have to take.
    He just told me to go crazy on it!

Out came SolidWorks and the work began...
    Plan was:
    - Custom gear cases (3d printed)
    - Carbon fiber tubes
    - 3d printed Chubs to mount on the CF tube
    - While we were at it why not custom knuckles as well right?
    - Rear axle to have the motor as tight to the tube as possible

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front axle 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	78.4 KB ID:	769
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Front axle 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	80.5 KB ID:	770
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Front axle 3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	771
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Rear axle 1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.7 KB ID:	772
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Rear axle 3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.5 KB ID:	773
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Rear axle 4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.9 KB ID:	774

After that I decided to update my chassis with some changes, mainly to the upper cabin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chassis Completo V5_2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	124.1 KB ID:	775
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Chassis Completo V5_3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.0 KB ID:	776

And finally add some wheels why we are at it (because renderings are so cool).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chassis Completo V5_4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	777

The first version of the front axle was already made and everything had a snug fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Resizer 2021_05_11_09_21_50.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	778

Name:	Photo Resizer 2021_05_11_09_22_35.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	779

Name:	Photo Resizer 2021_05_11_09_23_01.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	780

Name:	Photo Resizer 2021_05_11_09_23_18.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	781

The second version is already printed, as well as the rear axle.
    Everything looks to be correct but only final assembly and field testing will tell.

So far it as been a very cool project.
    I have plans to make a complete replacement case (all printed without CF tubes), for the bully 2 axles that will accept the Bully chubs, knuckls and shafts.
    As far as gearing a 10t pinion should fit, meaning I could have a 57:1 ratio.
    This would put me in Super territory.
    The only downfall is that the ID of the tube is only 6mm. some sort of custom shaft would have to be built...

I will try to keep this updated as I go along.

Last edited by Xkill; 05-11-2021, 04:32 AM.

cool project, lot of work

I run my custom axles with Axial AR60 shafts, Pat´s chubs and 0° knuckles - but I'm not so happy with the mount of the splining chubs on my 12mm CF axle .
    Your chubs look much better, I think they should better fit!

Comment

Yes, I have a few hours on these...
      But it has been fun.

If you use round tubes the splines are not doing anything...
      I have C-Hubs for 10 and 12mm tube but if you need other diameter just let me know.
      They should be compatible with Pat 0deg knuckles.

Check out 2x_C-Hub_Zero Deg_12mm hole by Xkill on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in RC Cars.

Check out 2x_C-Hub_Zero Deg_10mm hole by Xkill on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in RC Cars.

Comment

• dr.frank
        dr.frank commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty awesome work. Very inovative and it brings a good alternative for MOAs sand Supers, me like a lot.
    Working...
    X