Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Welcome Thread!

    First of all - Thank you for joining and helping to create the new history for Comp Crawlers websites.
    WRCCA.net has worked hard to bring you one of the newest and best forum software based sites!

    Say Hello - Introduce yourself here and what ever other info you want to share with everyone.

    Lets start creating the new era of comp crawling history together!

  • #2
    Hey guys...

    Many of you already know me! But for those who dont know, i'm Bruno Gomes, known as "Gomez", from Portugal...
    I've been running Rc Crawlers since the time of axial scorpion, etc... And i never left this hobby again, it is true that sometimes i barely touch the remote for a full year, but im still where and i am the portuguese champion in the european comps (just to annoy my friends) ahahah

    At present i have 3 - 2.2Mod Class, 3 - 2.2S Shafty, 1 - 1.9 Mini Class...

    I really hope that this hobby can grow again, over the years it has been more and more forgotten, but I believe that we managed to make a difference ... And there is no other RC hobby like this one!

    What else can I say more ... Besides being the Portuguese champion and having a whole team of mechanics working for me ... That's it ...

    See you on the rocks!

    Cheers!
    Last edited by Gomez; 09-26-2020, 02:36 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Portuguese undisputed champion!

      So many cars and so little run time!
      But it's better now, you even practice and everything!

      Comment


      • #4
        Hello forums!!! I COME FROM MY OWN FUTURE TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD! Forums were my favorite thing as a kid! I've always been the one around me who knew the most about performance on rc cars since I was researching them online with my emaxx I've had since 2005 or so, (I got a painted body my mom signed when we painted it in 2005! The dope el camino hpi one!) And I'd spend hours researching on forums for cool stuff and cars and then I got out of the hobby when I got my license and got back into it as an adult about 5 years ago now I think, and moved to Newfoundland Canada 3ish years ago (where I was originally from but grew up in Colorado since I was 1!!!) And finally met some awesome people in our local group RcRepublic!


        Over the three years I've been here it's been a crazy journey to refind myself and what I wanted to do and the biggest of them all is just BUILD SICK RIGS(we call all rcs and real cars rigs here lol not sure if everywhere else does and I like explaining things hahah) I have slowly tried to push everyone around me to build more capable cars and this year I started running a local comp scene that is kind of a mix of sorrca and performance scale (we drive 10 gate comp cheater rigs but still with scale points just no run time limit either) and next summer I plan to push us towards shafties and moa! I have a lot of plans because I can(and have) designed some awesome rc parts for my scale comp rigs and I plan to set my sights on a lot of cool ideas I have for printed shafty and moa parts! We still don't have many who show up all the time to the comps but we have 4-6 pretty dedicated comp guys and there are already like 6 gspeed chassis here and two v1ws and a lot of awesome trail trucks!!! I'm going to start planning my first shafty soon and can't wait!! Shafties and moa rigs have always been my dream rigs, just pure performance but I have been very impressed by my V1w capra and I plan to post some videos of it and our other local comp stuff once I get it ready!


        I've always thought that one of the biggest problems in rc is just exposure and access to knowledge so I'm very very excited to start getting some of it back off Facebook and back onto awesome forums for all to see! Like man I still get so much of my info from old RCC posts and it's still hard to Google for it unless you know how! I have a lot of plans but I think this is enough for now, so lookout world forums are back! At least for me they are hahahha I plan to spread the word somehow and hopefully get this and RCC back as some of the main collections of RC Information!!!


        Thank you so much for starting this forum and I plan to do my part to spread the word!! Once I figure out how lol


        Anyway that's enough for now, just know there are big things coming and I want this forum to be a part of it all!



        Actually one more I guess lol! Just wanted to say I'm real big on doing things safe with proper information and helping others do what they want safely! So yeah my house burned down(2 years ago or so) from a lipo fire (I had tried to be as safe as I knew how at the time!) And now I charge outside in a safe metal box away from my house! It's still hard to talk about but this is who I am and I want to use my story to help others be safe once I feel ready for it! So thanks again for making an awesome forum for us to talk about our sick rigs and I can't wait to see where this place goes in a year or two! I'd definitely like some help to figure out what shafty and moa stuff I could pick to help my friends build great rigs with the best parts for the best price!!! So yeah I'll be watching and probably posting a decent bit to help myself and my friends learn about THE FUTURE OF RC, MY FUTURE OF RC AND BUILDING SOME OF THE COOLEST RIGS(to me and hopefully the world!!)


        Just know there are very very cool things happening in Newfoundland and eventually some of you cool people will hopefully come here too because I think we might have some of the best rocks on the planet(oh and no one has been able to outcrawl me consistently at the comps I run(or really ever for that matter lol, never been to a real comp just did it all alone till I found the group here and started the competitions to push performance!)) and even the local people don't understand just how awesome and unique the rocks we have here are!! I got a lot of plans for the future of RC and Newfoundland but we aren't ready for the world's eyes yet but just know I love cool parts (the best parts) and I now work at a new local hobby shop that I plan to make into the best one in Canada!!! Thanks for letting me blabber out my thoughts and can't wait to see where this forum is headed! I know it's headed for greatness and that's all I know just because I want it to be great lol anyway bye for now!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gomez View Post
          Hey guys...

          Many of you already know me! But for those who dont know, i'm Bruno Gomes, known as "Gomez", from Portugal...
          I've been running Rc Crawlers since the time of axial scorpion, etc... And i never left this hobby again, it is true that sometimes i barely touch the remote for a full year, but im still where and i am the portuguese champion in the european comps (just to annoy my friends) ahahah

          At present i have 3 - 2.2Mod Class, 3 - 2.2S Shafty, 1 - 1.9 Mini Class...

          I really hope that this hobby can grow again, over the years it has been more and more forgotten, but I believe that we managed to make a difference ... And there is no other RC hobby like this one!

          What else can I say more ... Besides being the Portuguese champion and having a whole team of mechanics working for me ... That's it ...

          See you on the rocks!

          Cheers!
          I remember you from other crawling sites - Great seeing you back!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MAXXDESIGNS13 View Post
            Hello forums!!! I COME FROM MY OWN FUTURE TO SPREAD THE GOOD WORD! Forums were my favorite thing as a kid! I've always been the one around me who knew the most about performance on rc cars since I was researching them online with my emaxx I've had since 2005 or so, (I got a painted body my mom signed when we painted it in 2005! The dope el camino hpi one!) And I'd spend hours researching on forums for cool stuff and cars and then I got out of the hobby when I got my license and got back into it as an adult about 5 years ago now I think, and moved to Newfoundland Canada 3ish years ago (where I was originally from but grew up in Colorado since I was 1!!!) And finally met some awesome people in our local group RcRepublic!


            Over the three years I've been here it's been a crazy journey to refind myself and what I wanted to do and the biggest of them all is just BUILD SICK RIGS(we call all rcs and real cars rigs here lol not sure if everywhere else does and I like explaining things hahah) I have slowly tried to push everyone around me to build more capable cars and this year I started running a local comp scene that is kind of a mix of sorrca and performance scale (we drive 10 gate comp cheater rigs but still with scale points just no run time limit either) and next summer I plan to push us towards shafties and moa! I have a lot of plans because I can(and have) designed some awesome rc parts for my scale comp rigs and I plan to set my sights on a lot of cool ideas I have for printed shafty and moa parts! We still don't have many who show up all the time to the comps but we have 4-6 pretty dedicated comp guys and there are already like 6 gspeed chassis here and two v1ws and a lot of awesome trail trucks!!! I'm going to start planning my first shafty soon and can't wait!! Shafties and moa rigs have always been my dream rigs, just pure performance but I have been very impressed by my V1w capra and I plan to post some videos of it and our other local comp stuff once I get it ready!


            I've always thought that one of the biggest problems in rc is just exposure and access to knowledge so I'm very very excited to start getting some of it back off Facebook and back onto awesome forums for all to see! Like man I still get so much of my info from old RCC posts and it's still hard to Google for it unless you know how! I have a lot of plans but I think this is enough for now, so lookout world forums are back! At least for me they are hahahha I plan to spread the word somehow and hopefully get this and RCC back as some of the main collections of RC Information!!!


            Thank you so much for starting this forum and I plan to do my part to spread the word!! Once I figure out how lol


            Anyway that's enough for now, just know there are big things coming and I want this forum to be a part of it all!



            Actually one more I guess lol! Just wanted to say I'm real big on doing things safe with proper information and helping others do what they want safely! So yeah my house burned down(2 years ago or so) from a lipo fire (I had tried to be as safe as I knew how at the time!) And now I charge outside in a safe metal box away from my house! It's still hard to talk about but this is who I am and I want to use my story to help others be safe once I feel ready for it! So thanks again for making an awesome forum for us to talk about our sick rigs and I can't wait to see where this place goes in a year or two! I'd definitely like some help to figure out what shafty and moa stuff I could pick to help my friends build great rigs with the best parts for the best price!!! So yeah I'll be watching and probably posting a decent bit to help myself and my friends learn about THE FUTURE OF RC, MY FUTURE OF RC AND BUILDING SOME OF THE COOLEST RIGS(to me and hopefully the world!!)


            Just know there are very very cool things happening in Newfoundland and eventually some of you cool people will hopefully come here too because I think we might have some of the best rocks on the planet(oh and no one has been able to outcrawl me consistently at the comps I run(or really ever for that matter lol, never been to a real comp just did it all alone till I found the group here and started the competitions to push performance!)) and even the local people don't understand just how awesome and unique the rocks we have here are!! I got a lot of plans for the future of RC and Newfoundland but we aren't ready for the world's eyes yet but just know I love cool parts (the best parts) and I now work at a new local hobby shop that I plan to make into the best one in Canada!!! Thanks for letting me blabber out my thoughts and can't wait to see where this forum is headed! I know it's headed for greatness and that's all I know just because I want it to be great lol anyway bye for now!!
            Welcome Aboard - Cant wait to see some rigs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello drivers,
              I'm DÁRIO aka SkUpYt from Portugal, i'm 35 years and I'm in rc rock crawler since 2008.
              Rc rock crawler is my favourite rc discipline.
              i'm not so much present in foruns, but will try my best to help this keeping alive.

              since E.C. in Austria I have the 4 Rc rock crawler classes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Welcome!

                Damn, this is turning in some Portuguese Mafia over here....

                Porta-te

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello,
                  My name is Tiago aka MORFES, from PORTUGAL. I'm 38 years old, and I have two crawlers, one for me and one for my wife, and have 3 Scx10. I have to a Losi Night Crawler to try make one sfafty, but I will need some help from my friernds

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Morfes View Post
                    Hello,
                    My name is Tiago aka MORFES, from PORTUGAL. I'm 38 years old, and I have two crawlers, one for me and one for my wife, and have 3 Scx10. I have to a Losi Night Crawler to try make one sfafty, but I will need some help from my friernds
                    Nice to see you here.
                    If I can help, let me know!
                    Have fun

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SkUpYt View Post

                      Nice to see you here.
                      If I can help, let me know!
                      Have fun

                      Thanks dario, maybe I’ll really have to upset you, I noticed from your interview videos with the crawlers, that you already had or have a losi too I will try to see with Jorge if he helps me to assemble that, because I don't understand anything, Jorge is my mechanic, but maybe I will have to upset you,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm present also! Crawling since 2005 and been in few comps also. Great to be back on the forums!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey up folks!

                          I'm NOT from Portugal, hope that is OK??? Hehe

                          Been around for years but in the shadows and heard of quite a few of you all. Love comp crawling but never many to drive with here in the UK but a bit more activity happening now :-). Got a good buddy who did comp a lot and really learning lots at the mo!

                          Our plan was to make it to the Euros this year - but what a weird one! Hopefully make next year all being well!..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hello,
                            i´m Chris (Snatch) from Germany/Bavaria and some comp-crawlers already know me. I drive Pro,Super and Shafty since some years now and i´m happy to see a good crawler-forum again! Hope to see some good build-threads here and ideas from people all over the world. Our forum in Germany (www.rockcrawler.de) is still very alive and is for sure one reason why our scene here is growing a lot in the last years! See you on the rocks

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X